Now that I’ve rested up after my vacation, it is time to get back to business! Today’s recipe is quick and easy and makes for a delicious remix on a snack that I know many of us enjoy — popcorn!
This was actually inspired by a recent visitation I had with my sister and family. I went to visit her a few days ago and we made Rice Krispies treats. They were yummy, as you will see in the pictures below. She was a sport and stayed patient as I took pictures of each step like I do with the rest of my posts.
I decided not to make an entry based off of that, however, since it was the regular cereal box recipe that we followed. Instead, I created my own today that mimicked our steps. Popcorn treats are very similar with the exception of the cereal, of course. And some other ingredients that I plopped in there. Let’s begin.
- 1 pack of microwaveable popcorn, popped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- sprinkles (of your choice)
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium/low heat.
2. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until creamy. Remove from heat.
3. Add popcorn, chocolate chips, and sprinkles (as many as you’d like), and fold gently until combined. Pro tip — make sure you take out any kernels that did not pop. You don’t want those sneaking into your mouthfuls and breaking your teeth!
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread popcorn mixture evenly on top. If you find that it is very sticky, spread butter on the back of the spoon to ease the job. I added some more sprinkles and chocolate chips at the end
5. Let sit for about 10 minutes or until the marshmallow hardens. Then dig in!
Gimme some oven lovin’.