One word: bacon. America’s weakness. The reason the sun rises and sets. The cause of joy on so many children’s faces. I hear if you look perfection up in the dictionary, there’s a picture of bacon. It’s one of those ingredients that can be eaten at any time, with any other food, and still be absolutely scrumptious.
I’ve had a few friends request a recipe that involved bacon, so I decided to recreate a traditional morning breakfast entree to include this yummy treat. It’s easy, quick, absolutely delicious, and it filled my entire home with its hypnotizing aroma. That last description is reason enough to make these!
Serving size: 12 bacomelets
Mini cupcake pan
1/4 cup shredded cheese
6 slices of bacon
Optional: spinach, peppers, onions, etc. and any other ingredients you like in your omelets.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and add cheese and any other ingredients you like. I personally love crushing dried mint and adding grated Cypriot cheese called Halloumi. If you have any Greek stores around you, I recommend asking them if they carry it. Another great option is feta!
- Slice your bacon in halves and start wrapping the pieces around the inside of the pan cups.
- Using a spoon, fill the cups about 3/4 of the way. It should equal out to about 1 tablespoon in each cup. I purchased a bag of cheese so I had a lot left over. I pinched an extra amount for each cup once they were filled and put it on top. It makes for a nice cheesy crust!
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, depending on your oven. If you like your bacon crispy, leave it in for a longer amount and vice versa. Keep your eye on them after the 20 minute mark and just take out when you find them the cooked color you enjoy most.
They’re done! And delicious! Enjoy!
Gimme some oven lovin’.