So. I think I’m ready to complete my 4th of July dessert entries. Today’s post isn’t even anything original or new; it’s just a refreshing treat that is great for the celebration because of its red, white, and blue features. I’m ready to go back to sharing my usual recipes and not focusing on just one theme. With that being said, let’s end this with a bang! … Get it? July 4th… fireworks… bang… ha… I tried.
- 1 red flavored Jell-o box (strawberry, cherry, etc)
- Whipped cream
1. Follow the instructions on the Jell-o box. I boiled a cup of water, added the mix, stirred, then added another cup of cold water. It couldn’t be any easier.
2. Depending on how you want to serve this is how you handle the second step. Some friends of ours got us these ADORABLE little dessert cups that I haven’t used yet. I thought they would be perfect for this treat, so I poured some of the mixture into them. However you want to serve, pour the liquid into that form now. Place in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours.
3. Your next step is to layer the whipped cream. I am a BIG fan of this, so I like a lot on mine. You can put as much or as little as you like.
4. Garnish your dessert with blueberries. As you will see, this completes your tricolor treat and again shows off how Patriotic and loyal you are to this country. Go you.
My recommendation: if you decide to make this for a party, prepare your Jell-o from the night before. Because the rest of the layers take literally 30 seconds, wait until you are about to serve this dessert before applying the whipped cream and blueberries. It will taste cool, delicious, and refreshing.
Gimme some oven lovin’.