Is it safe to say that one of the best food combinations ever created is buffalo chicken? Why yes, I believe that is true. And while some may argue that bleu cheese is a good partner, I respectfully call those opinions dumb and reach for the ranch.
Today’s little appetizers are both delicious and filling. I’m not making any promises, but I would be greatly shocked if they lasted longer than it takes to make them (I know that’s not the case in my house). You’ll see.
- 1 cup chopped chicken breast, cooked
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup American cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Frank’s hot sauce (or another favorite of your choice)
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- Mini fillo shells
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop up your chicken into itty bitty pieces.
3. Add the cheese, cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch. Fold over the ingredients until everything is mixed completely and covered in each other. I like a little kick in my food, so I added an extra tbsp of Frank’s. Yum.
4. Lay out your fillo shells on a baking sheet and fill each one with the chicken mixture.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the fillo is slightly browned. If you want them to be crunchy, place the shells alone (without the filling) in the oven for 2-3 minutes before you complete step 4.
I still had about 1/4 of a cup of filling left over. I put it in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds and used it as a dip. You can eat it with crackers, pop chips, or anything else you desire.
Quick, easy, and scrumptious. Sounds like my kind of meal.
Gimme some oven lovin’.