Chocolate and peanut butter go together like Ben and Jerry, mac and cheese, Romeo and Juliet, salt and pepper.. need I go on? They are the perfect match and always so delicious in any form. With that being said, today’s recipe combines some salty peanut butter goodness with the sweet chocolate fudge to create bite size happiness that you won’t be able to resist.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I like to use short cuts. The making of this delight is no exception. While you can use your own favorite brownie recipe if you have one, I used a regular box mix that is much faster and, in my opinion, just as delectable.
- 1 brownie mix box (and whatever ingredients it calls for)
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
Serving: 48 brownie bites
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and follow the directions on the box. If you choose to use your own brownie recipe, create the mixture now. My recipe called for 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, and 2 eggs.
2. Once the mixture is ready, I greased a mini cupcake pan and filled each cup about 2/3 of the way. Then I popped it in the oven and baked for about 12-15 minutes. To test, stick a toothpick into a brownie and see if it comes out clean. I always take mine out when the inside is a teeeeeny uncooked because they still bake from the hot pan even when they are out of the oven. Overcooking will make the brownies dry and not as yummy.
3. Once the brownies cool, take the bottom of a spoon and create a little crater in the middle of each bite. You want to make a bowl-shaped hole so that you can fill it with deliciousness next.
4. Microwave the peanut butter for about 30 seconds so it becomes a liquid. Then spoon a small amount into the middle of the brownies. You can put as much or as little as you want.
5. Your last step is to sprinkle the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Again, you can add as many or as little chips as you prefer.
As you will see in my pictures, I put each brownie in a small cupcake holder. You can choose any color or design paper and decorate your event with these scrumptious goodies in style.
Gimme some oven lovin’.