I think it’s only fair that Oreo start sponsoring me. I mean, I eat these cookies almost daily and include them in a recipe at least once a week. I could probably do an Oreo themed month, post multiple recipes per day, and still need more time before I run out of ideas. How can you go wrong with chocolate and cream? Trick question — you can’t!
Anyway. Despite some past posts of mine, I’m actually not the biggest fan of cake. Brownies? I can eat all day, everyday. But cake? Ehhh. And even though I love chocolate, devil’s food is my least favorite flavor. Since Oreos make anything and everything better, these two ingredients are coming together to make a delicious, super rich dessert that will more than likely satisfy any chocolate craving you could imagine.
The name of this dessert is odd. It is called Devil’s Paradise for no reason other than because of my brother. He came to visit this weekend so I gave him a bite and asked what name came to mind. This was his response. I gave him a weird glance and he reciprocated with a look of confidence. I rolled my eyes, said okay, and, well, here we are.
- 1 box of Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 18 Oreos
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Now you can also line the inside of a pan with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
2. Combine cake mix, egg, and butter in a big bowl. Use a fork, or even your hands, to mix these completely until they turn into a soft dough-like texture.
3. Spread out the mixture then evenly knead it so there are no empty spaces.
4. Crush up your Oreos and layer them on top of the cake.
5. Pour the milk over the Oreo layer.
6. Top with chocolate chips. Even though the recipe calls for 1 cup, you can always add more (or less). I won’t judge you.
Gimme some gooey oven lovin’.