I can’t even remember the last time I went to Red Lobster, but their biscuits are not anything I can forget. If it were acceptable to go in and just stuff my face with those and a diet coke, I totally would. Unfortunately, that’s looked down upon. Or so they say. Weird.
Today’s recipe is a remix of those mini bites of goodness. While it’s not the exact recipe, and these do not taste exactly the same, they are still delicious and still worth making.
- 2 cups of Bisquick mix (or your own recipe)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick mix, water, and cheese in a bowl. If you want to make your own Bisquick like I did, you’ll need 2 cups flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp salt for this recipe. This mixture will turn into dough that will need a good amount of kneading, so work hard.
3. Divide your dough into 10 equal pieces. Press each into a flat piece that is about 1in thick (you can either make squares or circles). Place on a nonstick or aluminum covered tray.
4. Melt butter and mix in the spices. Liberally brush over each biscuit with the liquid. Place the cup aside because we will use more of the butter afterward.
5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Once cooked, brush over each biscuit with more butter.
The inside is nice and moist, and perfect for another slab of butter.
You can also put some more cheese on each biscuit prior to putting them in the oven.
I said this recipe was delicious, not healthy. Gimme some oven lovin’.