I have to start off this post with wishing my favorite brother in law a very happy birthday. I hope your 29th year is anything and everything you could possibly want. Here’s to many more birthday celebrations, you silly fadidi. 🙂
Moving on, today’s recipe is a juicy cuisine that can be eaten alone or paired with some of your favorite dishes. This buttery lemon shrimp does not require many ingredients and will have your belly full in just minutes.
- 1.5 lbs of cooked, frozen shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- seasoning of your choice (lemon zest, italian, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie tray with aluminum foil.
2. Cut your butter into pieces and spread on tray. Place in the oven for about 2-3 minutes, or until butter is melted.
3. Slice your lemon into two. Peel one half, then slice both halves into 1/4in slices. I think peeling half ensures that your shrimp doesn’t become too bitter. It’s a good mix. Spread your slices over the butter that is on the tray.
4. Place shrimp over the lemon slices in one layer.
5. Top with your seasoning. I used about 1tbsp of lemon zest seasoning. Use whatever and however much you like.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Using a spoon, mix the shrimp around in the tray to get them completely covered in the butter/lemon/seasoning mixture, then serve!
As I said, you can eat alone or use as an add on. It’s great on top of pasta, rice, or salad. Get creative and gimme some oven lovin’.